*Update 9/2015* Hold your horses! Just got a Nikon to Fuji adapter and focusing with an old Nikon lens made in the manual focus age is MUCH easier! Will post more soon.
Sharpness and bokeh testing
Canon 15-85mm at 50mm f/5 on 7D, t2i, X-T1 vs Fuji 18-55mm at 55mm f/4
Canon 70-200mm f/4L IS at 70mm on 7D, t2i and X-T1
Canon 50mm at f/1.8 on 7D vs on X-T1 vs Fuji 18-55mm at 55mm f/4
- First target is 10ft away. Second target is an additional 10ft away
- On a tripod
- 2 sec timer
- Autofocus on Canons set to smallest size
- Sharpness set to 3 (default) on Canons and -2 on Fuji
- Exposure was set to Center Weighted on the Canons and Multi on the X-T1
- Multiple photos were taken to get the best focus. The Canons were often close but out of focus. Fuji was nearly spot on each time.
- I apologize for using 3 small images in a row. I was unable to squeeze 3 medium-sized images in the narrow WordPress layout without it moving the 3rd image to the next line.