For those of you who like tables over paragraphs:
- Fuji X-T1 + XC 50-230mm
- vs Canon 7D + 70-200mm f/4L IS
- The more expensive Canon combo will get you the shot, but it won’t be as sharp as the Fuji
- The less expensive Fuji combo will also get you the shot, but it will be harder to do.
After several games and practices using multiple combinations of settings, here is what I have found. Keep in mind that:
- This may only apply to soccer (hence why I specified this in the title)
- The Fuji XF 55-200mm might perform better than the XC, so my analysis might only apply to the Consumer grade XC.
*In the Midwest, the weather is often partly cloudy which makes fixed exposure impractical.
**The zoom ring on the XF 18-55mm is also very tight so I am doubtful that the XF 55-200mm is any easier.
Did I mention that this might only apply to soccer? 🙂