This is an updated table to my post Why I Switched to Fuji – My Epiphany. In that post, I speculated on what kind of photography the X-T1 would be able to perform for me. This updated table takes out the speculation and more clearly reveals roles.
You may notice the sad faces – once I used a quiet camera, my Canon 7D sounds like a cannon! :O
Essentially, I now have 2 kits:
- Large backpack with Canon 7D for sports*
- Small backpack with Fuji X-T1 for everything else
*As I have stated in previous posts, you technically can shoot perfectly good sports photos with the Fuji X-T1, but I find it more difficult to get due to:
- EVF lag after you start taking photos at high speed – harder to track athletes
- Tight zoom lens (and the XF 55-200mm is not likely to be easier to zoom than my XC 50-230mm)
- (Don’t forget to turn image review off and get a very fast SD card – a Lexar 2000x UHS-II would be ideal)
With practice (and not knowing how much easier it is to get with a Canon 7D), you can get good shots that are often just as good or better.