If you have the serial number, you can roughly determine the date by:
- taking the first digit which represents the year and add 2010* (1=2011, 2=2012, etc)
- and the second digit which represents the quarter (1=January to March, 2=April to June, etc)
*I don’t know what they will do when it gets to 2020 – first two digits and add 2010?
If you have a JPEG you can upload:
- upload it to http://regex.info/exif.cgi
- scroll down to MakerNotes
- Next to Internal serial number, carefully look for the date between the codes. It will be in YYYY:MM:DD format.
If you have a JPEG and prefer to use a local program:
- you can use EXIFTool or EXIFToolGUI for easier use.
- In EXIFToolGUI, select your file
- click the Maker tab
- look for Internal serial number
- and widen the panel to look between the codes. The date will be in YYYY:MM:DD format.